Ten ways to reduce your home´´´’ s carbon footsprint.
- Take a shower, not a bath. You’ll save on the energy needed to heat it.
- Use a reusable bag when buying your groceries
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room and use energy-efficient lightbulbs.
- Take the stairs, not the lift. As well as saving energy, it’s great for your health.
- Before you throw something away, ask yourself this question: Could I reuse or repair this?
- Completely switch off electrical appliances to turn off those little flashing lights
- If you’re redecorating your home, buy second-hand. You’ll save money and the environment.
- Always go with renewable energy. If you can choose
between different providers, pick one that uses renewable.
9.Run the washing machine and dishwasher when they are completely full and select a low water temperature.
10.Try not to set your fridge and freezer at a lower temperature than necessary.